What’s new in the HP DesignJet World?James Nader
During a Global Print Expo in Berlin, HP revealed two new large format printers in their “design” printer range – the Z6 and Z9+. In order to suit all potential customers, they have designed both models in a 24 and 44 inch size. Perhaps the most impressive feature of these new machines is the Pixel Control colour technology – this is the first time it’s ever been launched in a HP product. These Pixel Control pipelines together with the HP Nozzle Architecture provide users with true-to-colour prints made using 9 different coloured inks. Some other impressive features include onboard vertical trimmers and a redesigned poster application.
HP reports that these new machines will be able to print 2.5x faster than the DesignJet Z3200 photo printer all while using fewer inks. What benefit does this have for customers? Improved performance and reduced running costs.
“The new DesignJet Z Printer series radically enhances the customer experience and reinvents printing possibilities for both professional photo and signage to ignite business growth and adapt to future needs,” said Guayente Sanmartin, General Manager and Global Head, HP Large Format Design Printing, HP Inc. “We thoughtfully designed the new printers to deliver impressive photo quality without compromising time resources and output speeds with the new vertical trimmer and innovative colour technologies.”
HP detailed a few of the technologies and features that were included in the new range.
- HP Pixel Control: Achieve true-to-color prints and an expanded color gamut with RGB HP Vivid Photo Inks, featuring chromatic red, chromatic green, and chromatic blue, the i1 embedded spectrophotometer and HP Pixel Control. HP Pixel Control is truly digital color pipeline designed for outstanding, consistent image quality delivered by controlling every print-ready pixel. Combining HP HDNA with HP Pixel Control, users get amazing image quality with just nine inks versus 12 compared to the previous generation HP DesignJet. The new printers also offer HP Professional PANTONE Emulation to match Brand identity colors.
- Dual drop technology: Produce prints with clear details and high-contrast color with dual drop technology powered by HP Nozzle Architecture (HDNA) and high-definition printheads. The HP DesignJet Z9+ features an upgradable configuration for a higher gloss output.
- Tools to create: Simplify large format printing with a redesigned poster application in the HP Applications Center, which also includes Adobe Stock, Unsplash, Vecteezy, and Pattern Design, offers customers access to the necessary tools for creating beautiful, original signs, and posters. The HP Applications Center also embeds augmented reality (AR) technology to ignite the creation of more meaningful and engaging content for print.
- Indoor and Outdoor Durability: Create prints with highly-stable pigment HP Vivid Photo Inks that provide water-resistant, fade-resistant prints for long-term indoor display and, when printed on suitable water-resistant media, outdoor display. HP Vivid Photo Inks gives PSPs the assurance that the prints they make for their customers will last as long as possible.
- Security: Take advantage of the industry’s most secure printers with HP Secure Boot, whitelisting, authentication solutions, and HP JetAdvantage Security manager to safeguard printers and data for enterprise and government.
- HP PrintOS: Remotely manage the print production environment from anywhere at any time with HP PrintOS now offered on the HP DesignJet Z Printer series.
For all enquiries about the brand new Z Series range, contact the team at Global Office Machines on 1300 882 852, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.